Sunday, April 3, 2011

Comments for Teachers #3

I was assigned to the DML Central Blog

Is the Virtual World Good for the "Real One" By: Joseph Kahne

Boy with cellphone

Joseph Kahne wrote a blog which talked about the issue of the internet and how kids are being exposed to media via the internet and television for almost eight hours a day. He and some colleagues did independent research by studying high school children from 19 different counties in California over a three and a half year period. You can find all of the results of their research. You can find their research results here

This is what my comment read:

My name is Brandin Brosh and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I think that the online world is going to continue to increase in popularity whether people agree with it or not. It is the 21st century and things are not as they were 20 years ago. There is a whole new world on the internet and I believe that we need to continue to take advantage of all of its benefits. The internet plays a vital role in today's society. If children are going to be exposed we need to make the best of it. Common Sense Media, iCivics and factcheck.org have the right idea!


Humans, Technology, and the Digital Future By: Barry Joseph


I ready Barry Josephs blog about her demanding technology is becoming in today's society. In his blog he stated that 85% of Americans 18 or older have a cell phone. This was insane to me. He talks about how education via cell phone apps and youtube videos is becoming so prevalent. This is a very interesting video that he included as a part of his blog post. Watch it and tell me what you think.


This is the comment that I left him:

My name is Brandin Brosh and I am a student in Dr. Stange's EDM 310 course at the University of South Alabama. WOW! 85 percent of Americans 18 and older own a cellphone. That is insane. It just goes to show the technological world that the 21st century is laying upon us. Children today are being born in to the 21st century which is a completely different world that what used to be. I believe that since we cannot change the rapid increase in our dependency on technology, social networking, and the internet in general, we need to embrace this. Since cell phones are so demanding in today's society I think things like iPhones are wonderful. We can use the educational apps to help our children learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment