Thursday, April 21, 2011

C4T #4 - Teacher Tom's Blog

I was assigned to Teacher Tom's Blog

Teacher Tom

Teacher Tom is a preschool teacher who obviously has a WONDERFUL gift. I have gone back to read his blog even when I was not required. He is the first teacher that I was assigned to that i felt I could connect with. He talks about things he does in his classroom to inspire and encourage children. He is always doing something fun and exciting with his children. THIS exact reason is why I want to become a teacher.

paperclips

The first blog that I commented on was That's How Powerful We Are. This was a blog about being nice to one another. It had the basic idea of, "Smile, and the world will smile back." Each time a student complimented another student they added a paperclip to their chain. This compliment could be something as simple as, "I like your shirt." to something such as, "I love you." They continued to build their chain every day. The chain gets so long that it runs across the entire classroom ceiling! I thought this was pretty incredible!

This is what I said to Tom:

"Hi, my name is Brandin Brosh and I am in Dr.Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama.

I think what you are doing in your classroom is great! It's funny how something so simple can become so big. I love the fact that you created such an original idea to teach such an important concept.

I remember when I was in elementary school my teachers would say, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." This is a great way to encourage children to be nice to one another. Something as simple as telling a child that their shirt is cute can make their day! Since everyone is included it helps children not to feel left out too!

AWESOME."

Superhero

The second blog post that I commented on wasThe Superhero Team. It was about allowing children to use their imagination to create stories. Silva communicated with the class via the "communicators" they wore around their neck. Silver called and told Tom that the animals needed rescuing. Tom responded by saying, "We're on it!" From then, Tom allowed they class to create the story from there using their imaginations. He has everything documented with pictures as well! Really cool!

I replied by saying, "This was such a great post! Imagination can be so empowering! I love this! The classroom ceilings are really cool, by the way. This a great way to teach children the little things, like weapons are "against the rules." How neat! This is why I want to be a future educator. Children are so wonderful and they have the ability to brighten your day so effortlessly.

I love that you have pictures for each part of the story. It really brings things to life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment