Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blog Post 11

First Graders in Ms.Cassidy's Classroom


Skype Iterview with Ms.Cassidy, First Grade Teacher

I think what Ms. Cassidy is doing in her classroom is absolutely incredible. It is amazing that first graders know how to do all of these things. This goes to show for all the people who say first graders are too young for technology that they are not. I thought it was really neat that parents, friends, and other family members could comment on the students’ blogs. I think that getting comments on their blogs helps them build confidence and makes them feel special. I also think that it is something for them to be proud of. Blogging is a great way to connect school with their home life as well. I liked how the students used Wiki to learn new things. I also liked the idea of the students working in groups to create videos and things. Working in groups is a part of life and learning it at such a young age is very important. Skype is a great way to teach students about different parts of the world. It also teaches them that we can be connected with all parts of the world. I think that blogging is a vital part of teaching in the 21st century. Skype is also a great tool that we can use in the classroom. Staying connected is important and technology is going to continue to grow. Technology is a great way to grab a student’s attention and helps a lot with learning. I think that Ms.Cassidy’s classroom is a PRIME example of how technology can greatly affect a classroom in positive ways. When I become a teacher I hope to do the things that Ms.Cassidy is doing. I liked the part in the interview when Dr. Strange asked Mrs. Cassidy if teachers should be technologically literate. She said teachers should be because technology is getting better and better. I couldn't agree more. Children today are being born in to a world of technology and if they don't learn it, they are going to be left behind! I want the parents of my students to understand the vitality of how the use of technology in the classroom can be a wonderful learning tool if used correctly!

2 comments:

  1. Great Post! I agree that she has really taken the lead in technology in her school it seems and started it at a very early age. Her children seem to be very well adapted to blogging and the other tools she used, but she doesn't center everything around that. I agree with you on a lot on this post!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandin,

    Ms. Cassidy is an excellent teacher to learn from, and you are right that her "classroom is a PRIME example of how technology can greatly affect a classroom in positive ways." Using technology creates so many new opportunities from it, and the students are able to learn and explore on their own or with groups. When they see the comments made by other people besides the teacher, they do get excited. It is very rewarding to share your work with other people. All teachers should be technologically literate because technology is a HUGE part of our world. We must prepare our students for the world in which they live.

    ReplyDelete