Wednesday, April 20, 2011

C4K 7,8,9, and 10

Mr. McClung's World
Investigative Reporting


Mr.McClungs World



Investigative Reporting was a video that talked about the controversy of a reporter being "sneaky" to retain evidence against a political figure. This reporter was investigating this person and caught him on tape bashing everything that he was supposed to stand for. Under the video he asked for people to comment their feelings as to if there were right or wrong. This is what I said:


"My name is Brandin Brosh and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently enrolled in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 course and was assigned to read your blog. I think this is a very interesting and highly debatable subject. In my opinion, O’Keefe didn’t do anything wrong. These political officials never say how they really feel on camera or on interview so how else would you ever find out the truth? It’s like when you catch someone in a lie and they get defensive and blame you. These are supposed to be honest people and there is no excuse for him to say those things. It’s not O’keefe’s fault for catching him. It is his job to catch these people in lies just as it is the public officials’ job to represent NPR or any other organization well, which obviously was not being done here."

Visit the link to the blog above, watch the video and tell me what you think!


Mrs. Yollis' Classroom Blog


Mrs.Yollis' Classroom Bloggers



April is Family Blogging Month in Mrs. Yollis' class and everyone is working on writing quality comments! Many wonderful conversations are going on in comment sections! Everyone is learning! We were assigned to explore Mrs. Yollis' classroom blog and leave a quality comment about what we thought. Here is my comment:


"Dear Ms. Yollis and Class,

My name is Brandin Brosh and I am a student in Dr.Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. One of my assignments was to analyze you blog which I will be writing about on mypersonal blog.

I have really enjoyed looking at your class blog. It is amazing to see how much students can learn with online blogging. Blogging also makes learning fun and interesting. This is my first semester having my own blog and so far I really like it.

After looking over your class blog, it reassures me that I will definitely be having one for my students when I become a teacher.

Thank you so much for allowing our EDM class to look over your blog."


Jaden is a student is Mrs.Yollis' Third Grade Class. You can see his blog here!


Jaden's recent blogs were written on going to the Celtics VS. Clippers game and about his new blog Mascot. Jaden inspired me to choose a mascot for my own blog. I chose my dog Zaylah!
Zaylah, my doggy

I wanted to make sure that I thanked Jaden for giving me such a great idea for my blog. I will also use this idea when I become an educator and have my students create their own blogs!

" Jaden,
My name is Brandin Brosh and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I am studying to a future teacher and all I can say is WOW! Your blog is quite impressive! I didn't start blogging until recently, but I have really grown to love it.

I really enjoyed reading your post about the Mavericks versus the Clippers. I love watching NBA basketball. Playoffs have just started and I am rooting for the Miami Heat! I love Lebron James. I used to be a Cavs fan until he switched teams. I have never been to a Clipper's game, but when Lebron was still playing for Cleveland, I watched him play in New Orleans versus the Hornets! It was such a blast! I think that the Mavericks scored 27 and the Clippers scored 24 in the third quarter. I hope I am right!

Jaden



By the way, I love your idea of having a blog mascot! That is so unique. I have commented on many blogs of both teachers and students and no one has ever had a blog mascot! I think if I had to choose a blog mascot, I would choose my dog. Here name is Zaylah. She is about eight pounds and she is black and white. She is a Havanese. You can see her if you visit my blog.. She is on my "About Me" slide show
here."

No comments:

Post a Comment