Wednesday, March 2, 2011

C4T #2 - Jabiz Raisdana

The teacher that I was assigned to was Jabiz Raisdana. He has a B.A. in creative writing and graduated from San Fancisco State University. He continued his education with a masters degree in TESOL. He has eight years experience over seas and taught for two years in high needs schools in New York city. He is currently teaching a seventh grade English as a second oral language course at the Sinarmas World Academy.


Jabiz Raisdana says,"I love teaching and cannot think of any other job that I would rather have. I far more enjoying spending time with young adults than grown ones, and I feel sorry for people who do not have the time to spend with kids."


My teachers first blog was about a gadget that he found and thought was neat. It was a 3D rotating image cube. He asked for suggestions on how you could use this is you classroom. This is what I replied with. "Hi. My name is Brandin Brosh and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in EDM 310. It is a technology bases course and everything is done online. I will be following your blog for the next month and creating a blog to summarize your posts at the end.
I love this picture cube and I think it is a wonderful idea. I think a good idea for use of this in the classroom is to make a bio about yourself and use each side of the cube to tell a little about yourself. It could be used sort of like a powerpoint but more unique. If there was not a way to type text on to each side of the cube you could make a power point and screen shot each slide and make it in to a picture. I love this idea and will imbed this in to my blog and share it with my fellow classmates in edm310."

I decided to make one of my own 3D cubes with the suggestion that I made. Here it is:




If you would like to make your own 3D cube or think that it would be a great idea for you classroom here is the link. http://swfspot.com/swfspot/samples/flash8/3d_Rotating_Image_Cube


The second blog that my teacher wrote about was the idea of engaging students in their blogs by letting them individualize their blogs and make them their own. He talks about letting students make their own blog headers.

Photobucket
This is his personal header for his blog



I replied by saying, "I think being able to customize your blog is a great idea! At that age, kids are always trying to express their individuality and trying to find out who they are as a person. Allowing them to customize their blogs to make it more like “home” is a great way to engage them in their blogs and help them enjoy it a little more.
I just recently created my first blog this past January. I post in it weekly for school but have not yet found the time to write personal blogs with my busy schedule. Each week I also comment on other teachers and kids blog as part of the class that I am in. I think it is always interesting to see what you can find out about people just by using the internet.
I was reading someone of the comments about kidsblog.org. Some of the “Comments for Kids” assignments that I do have classes that use this blog. I agree that it is extremely plain and would be difficult to try to express yourself on a site such as this."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandin,

    Thank you for taking the time to read my blogs and write about my work.( Even if it is for a class, I appreciate it :)

    I love what you have done with the cube idea and I think the two of them together with the custom header will make great intro for student blogs. Readers can get a visual look at student through these two tools.

    I am pretty sure students can shrink down the cube and add it as a widget in the sidebar. That way the about me section can be more visual as well.

    Let me know when you create your own custom header here.

    Thanks again for reading and participating in my network.

    ReplyDelete